Wednesday 18 June 2008

Testing... 1...2...

Hello? Is this thing on?

I just type into this little thing here? Okay...

*ahem*

Well, my fellow bloggers and browsers, today marks a great day in the history of the web-o-net; PyroTyger has started a blog.
PyroTyger will not refer to himself in the third person on all occasions. In fact he will stop forthwith.

I confess I don't know why I'm doing this - not in any way I can clearly express anyway (which very sentence, I'll admit, bodes ill for the quality of this blog in general). I once started a daily journal for no other reason than to learn touch-typing, and that was a marked success. However, in an effort to maintain the flow of type, I let it degenerate into a stream-of-consciousness monologue rather than the considered, coherent collection of thoughts and commentary on the day's events and experiences I intended it to be.

Will this blog be any different? Who can say? At this stage all I can promise is that, wherever possible, I will attempt to use accurate spelling, appropriate punctuation and only those grammar screw-ups that are considered acceptable in everyday use. I'm a rigid grammar-fascist at heart so, while I can overlook such contraventions in general, I'll do my best to avoid them in my own contributions to the interwebs.

Content may include, but is not restricted to: Me, People I know, My job (and working in IT, Children's Social Services and Local Government in general), The Interwebs, Japanese, Ambition, Tea, Depression, Music, Mania, Sex and its many rituals and participants, Where The Hell It All Went Wrong (general and specific misanthropic principles), and all sorts of banalities and esoteria. It's my blog, and I'll decry if I want to.

CAUTION: While every care has been taken in the manufacture of this product, traces of nuts may still be present. Choke and die, it's all the same to me.

2 comments:

Peter said...

First post!

PyroTyger said...

Wait, don't I get to claim that? Dammit!!