Wednesday 24 June 2009

ANNOUNCEMENT - upheaval

Moving house 搬家Image by kattebelletje via Flickr

Much as I love Blogger, it has its faults. Mainly, I find the text-editor to be buggy and quirky. For all its fancy features, finding that italics don't always work properly, or pasted/imported text can be a markup nightmare, detracts significantly from the whole core blogging experience for me.
I've now found that Wordpress is a little better managed, slicker to adminsiter and a bit more powerful, even if the interface is a little slower.
I felt like a bit of a traitor trying it out, using the included tools to import my Blogger posts, but finally being able to resolve the issue I raised in my first substantive post - by claiming my rightful name-space in the blogosphere - was too big an incentive to ignore.
So, I've relocated: here is my new Wordpress blog.
Also, having the option to use the Wordpress engine on my own domain sometime in the distant future - much like my brother already has - is a distinct advantage in this uncertain virtual world.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: